Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fights over WHO sat where last! SOLVED!!


EVERY SINGLE NIGHT a fight broke out at the table over who's turn it was to sit by Papa!! Then after that was settled it was a fight over WHO prayed last and who turn it was next!!! Then if we ever had to go ANYWHERE it was a fight over who sat in the front last! They were going to make me lose my ever lovin' mind!! I tried to solve the problem of the car issue by switching every other day. Well the problem is I COULDN'T remember and we would stand there trying to figure out who sat there yesterday when I couldn't even remembered what I ate for breakfast! Wait did I even eat breakfast?

SO GOD ALMIGHTY gave me a vision BECAUSE HE LOVES ME....and I think He wanted me to keep my mind! (Yes I still have one!!)

So....drum roll......I made place mats!!! WHAT? You were waiting for something all fancy weren't you?
                                


They are a little crooked in this picture but it was a fly by night picture!!
I went onto good old Paint Brushv(using that program since high school! I am a pro!) and drew circles of the plate, a box on each side and then a cirle at the top corner. I labeled each item so they can learn how to set the table properly! I know clever!! Put their names on them. Cut it out and glued it on fall colored paper!!

Now the girls always sit on one side and boys on the other.  Every Monday the girls switch spots and the boys switch spots!! WALA!! No more listening to "YOU SAT THERE LAST NIGHT!" "NO I DIDN'T!!"

Then the boy and girl who sit by Papa also get to sit in the front seat (middle seat of the van) the whole week!! NO MORE FIGHTING!! Its soooo peaceful...pshhh...they argue about the order of who gets in now!! LOL

Now on the table  I  bought the thick clear plastic at JoAnn Fabrics so the papers go UNDER the plastic and don't get ruined! I will change them up every season to make them fresh!

For prayer I am going to put a prayer card under the plastic and rotate it each night. Prayer is a serious issue in this house..I have kids BAWLING cause someone else started praying when it was CLEARLY their turn!! If only us adults would be that upset over prayer...

This is our own Pinterest attempt with the kids. Its is nice a fall colored!!! They kinda had fun! It was hard for all four to help do a lot! It would be a individual project!!


No comments:

Post a Comment